Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NYC weekends



coney island


bike


double exposure


people's pops


meat corp


maya lin


1 coney island (first trip with T.'s new bike)
2 biking on the boardwalk
3 double exposure of boy + bike and some buildings
4 tasty popsicles and shave-ice from people's pops at brooklyn flea
5 shop on lafayette ave
6 Maya Lin' s "Three Ways of Looking at the Earth", at PaceWildenstein, 545 W 22nd St.
it's beautiful, go see it if you can!

and don't forget: you've got until tomorrow to leave a comment and win a photo print here!

8 comments:

  1. Pictures with Holga are definitely different from the others.
    I ADORE the first one. You made a great great picture !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehen DIE schön aus!! Das doppelt belichtete ist besonders toll!! Ist es ein Schwinn-Bike?

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like an excellent weekend was had :)
    i love the vibrant colours. these make me want to have a go with a holga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! Your square format photos are so wonderful! Is the people's pops sign, a sign? Or is that you holding up the popsicle?
    it is a cool photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marion, Mary: you should get a Holga! they're really easy to use and you can get them for cheap on ebay (get the ones from Hong Kong, not the Lomo ones!). I think it's a great way to try medium format whithout spending too much money.

    Rike: leider kein Schwinn! aber trotzdem nicht schlecht.

    Celine: thanks! it was the sign of the stall, until you wrote this I had not even realized it looked exactly like the sticks of the popsicles! that brain's a bit slow sometimes....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the US, and this post really makes me want to go there now! But I have to wait for my baby. Delivery time is in January.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Holga that I bought several years ago. I made great shots with her, abandonned her for some time and I'm using her again. We'll see. But your pictures made a great impression on me !

    ReplyDelete
  8. nr.5!!
    (wie du siehst, ich habe aufgehört zu sagen, dass es schöne fotos sind, denn ich habe das gefühl dass ich mich hoffnungslos wiederhole. ich mag die ALLE!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete